Dark Chocolate Orange Brownies


I enjoyed these, but keep in mind that I really love chocolate paired with orange. In fact, the first thing I ate after delivering both my babies and was no longer diabetic was a box of orange sticks. Anyway, these get a 7 and the recipe came from cakewhiz.com.

1 cup flour
2 cups brown sugar I used 1 1/3 C.
1 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips or semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup butter
1/2 cup cocoa powder
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp orange extract or orange emulsion oil
2 tbsp orange zest I didn't measure this, but just zested 1 orange
1/4 cup add-ins (optional-chopped walnuts, pecans or chocolate chocolate chips) I left these out
15 round orange slices (for decoration) I left these out
Chocolate buttercream icing or Coconut cream chocolate frosting

Here's the link to the instructions: http://cakewhiz.com/dark-chocolate-orange-brownies/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grandma Goodsell's Whole Wheat Bread

Sourdough, version 4, aka version Mel

Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs