Fruit Bavarian



So, we saw something like this on the Great British Baking Show (theirs was a Frasier, I think), and Grey wanted to try it. I hate working with gelatin, so I threw together a citrus olive oil cake with pastry cream and cream in the middle and then whipped cream. Mine looked sloppy, but I don't care. It tasted like a really amazing strawberry shortcake. Totally a 9, but the recipes are all on the blog in other places, so if you really want to make this, look them up. You slice the cake in half, put plastic around a 9 inch springform pan, cut strawberries in half and put them cut side out, add the pastry cream and smaller cut strawberries, then the other top of the cake and put it in the fridge for a while. If I had wanted it to look cuter I would have added gelatin to the pastry cream like the Tartine cookbook suggested, but I prefer taste and less work, and it was totally fantastic the way it was in terms of taste.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grandma Goodsell's Whole Wheat Bread

Sourdough, version 4, aka version Mel

Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs