Blueberry Turnovers




I love turnovers of all kinds, and these get an 8.5. So, this made 8 turnovers, but I had extra filling. This is probably for 10-12 turnovers.

Blueberry Turnovers

So, you boil the following:

1 cup blueberries, 3 T. sugar, 2 T. cornstarch, pinch of salt, zest from a lemon. 1-2 tsp. water.

After about 5 minutes, this thickens and you kind of smash the blueberries. Then, I added 3 more cups of berries (mostly blueberries, but some rapsberries).

You cut each sheet of puff pastry into 4 sections, and I added a bit of cream cheese to each turnover. I would add 1 Tbs. to each turnover next time so you can taste it more. Add the filling, use a fork to close up the sides, brush it with an egg wash, and bake at 400 until the corners are deep golden since the egg wash will misconstrue the actual color. I would say 20-30 minutes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grandma Goodsell's Whole Wheat Bread

Sourdough, version 4, aka version Mel

Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs