Crockpot Honey Garlic Chicken




This was good and easy. It reminds me a lot of teriyaki chicken actually. The recipe came from carlsbadcravings.com

Crockpot Honey Garlic Chicken


  • 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts,
  • 1/3 cup honey I decreased this to 1/4 cup
  • 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 3 tablespoons quality hoisin sauce like Lee Kum Kee or Kikkoman
  • 3 tablespoons ketchup
  • 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons Asian sweet chili sauce like Mae Ploy
  • 2-4 teaspoons Asian chili sauce or Sriracha or more to taste I did 2 tsp. chili garlic sauce
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch I would increase this to 2 Tbs.
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced or 1 teaspoon garlic powder I did garlic powder
  • 2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger or 3/4 teaspoon ginger powder I did fresh ginger


Essentially, you make the sauce, pour it over the chicken, and I baked mine on low for 5 hours. You shred it and then boil the sauce down until it thickens (mine needed longer, I think to get stickier). I shredded my chicken in a Kitchenaid, and it actually shredded it a bit too much, so next time I would shred it with forks.

Recipe retrieved from:


https://carlsbadcravings.com/crockpot-honey-garlic-chicken/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grandma Goodsell's Whole Wheat Bread

Sourdough, version 4, aka version Mel

Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs