Instant Pot Crack Chicken Pasta



So, this is a fattening, comfort food, Mormon type of meal. Hadley said "it just tastes nice", and everyone liked it. It is definitely easy, and I put my changes below.

Instant Pot Crack Chicken Pasta

  • 1- lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
  • 2 Tbsp olive oil
  • 1 (1-oz) package dry Ranch dressing mix
  • 1/4 cup cooked chopped bacon
  • 1 (8-oz) package cream cheese
  • 1- lb dry penne pasta
  • 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
  • 2 cups water I used half and half
  • 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
https://www.plainchicken.com/instant-pot-crack-chicken-pasta/


So, essentially you saute the chicken in the ranch dressing packet for a couple of minutes, and then add the pasta and the liquid. You put it on manual for about 3 minutes, and then let it sit for another 6 before you release the pressure. I think it cooked too long, so next time, I would follow her recipe where you just cook it for 4 minutes and then release. Then, you stir in the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and bacon. So, water brings nothing to the dish, so I used half and half, but it curdled on the high heat. Cream might work better, and yes, that's a lot of fat, but it certainly would taste better than water. I'll have to research this some more. Anyway, it's easy and fattening and probably good (I didn't taste it--long story).

I researched the curdled milk thing and here is what might help:

Use cream instead
Don't add salt (I totally did this right before I poured the dairy in)
Heat it up beforehand so it isn't shocked (I didn't do this)

Comments

  1. https://tidbits-marci.com/perfect-pressure-cooker-pasta/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did cream instead of milk and cut the cream cheese in half. I also added fresh basil and did butter for the chicken.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Grandma Goodsell's Whole Wheat Bread

Sourdough, version 4, aka version Mel

Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs