Peanut Butter Mousse Torte



This gets a 9. Because it is amazing. It’s a combination of the double chocolate mousse torte that I love from melskitchencafe.com and then the peanut butter mousse brownie cake I blogged a couple of years ago.
Torte
    Cake:
  • 8 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped (I used half bittersweet, half semisweet) I used  100% bittersweet
  • 1 cup butter I will cut mine into pieces next time so it melts faster
  • 1 cup sugar I cut this down to 2/3 cup
  • 5 large eggs
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 cup all purpose flour
You melt the butter and chocolate together, let it cool a bit, add in the eggs one at a time, then last add the flour. You put this in a greaesd 9 inch springform pan and in my oven I bake this at 350 for 30-32 minutes top. I won’t look done.
This originally came from melskitchencafe.com

http://www.melskitchencafe.com/double-chocolate-mousse-torte/

Chocolate  Mousse Layer
8 oz. cream cheese
2 Tbs. milk
2 Tbs. cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
shake of salt
Combine these together. Add 8 oz. melted dark chocolate. Pour in 1 3/4 cups of wet cream and whip it until it’s barely thick.

Peanut Butter Mousse
  • 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 3 Tbs. powdered sugar
  • 3/4 cup peanut butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2-1 3/4 cups cold heavy whipping cream I

You combine the cream cheese, sugar, salt, peanut butter, and vanilla. You mix this (it will look super thick). Stream in the cream, but don’t overwhip this. As soon as it thickens, you’re done.

You make the torte, cool it, add the mousse layers and chill for at least 4 hours. Then, I topped it with cream and peanut butter cups.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grandma Goodsell's Whole Wheat Bread

Sourdough, version 4, aka version Mel

Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs