Baked French Toast



This was surprisingly good. I wasn’t even expect it to be tempting at all, but it’s like a less soggy form of bread pudding. I would make this again, and it would be awesome with fresh fruit and cream. I got the original inspiration off of everydayannie, and then I tweaked it so much I'm not even sure why I included it here, but you know, it's the basis.

4 large eggs I did a 5 or 6 egg batch, and I used farm eggs
1 cup half-and-half (or milk) I did 1/2 cups of half and half
¼ cup maple syrup instead of this I did 1/4 cup of brown sugar and 1/4 cup of white sugar, I think, or maybe just 2 T. of each, which would be PLENTY. I think 1 1/2 Tbs. of each would even work great
1 tbsp. vanilla extract I also added about 1/4 tsp. salt
1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise (optional) I didn’t have this at all
1 tsp. ground cinnamon I might have done less than this, but this would be a good measurement
Dash grated nutmeg I left this out but it would be good
1 small French baguette*, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 5-6 cups) I did half a loaf of homemade sourdough

recipe retrieved from:
https://everydayannie.com/2012/03/05/baked-french-toast/

I took a 9x13 pan and buttered it with 2 T. of butter. Then, I cut the bread pretty thick and overlapped it a slight bit so the bread fit into all sides of the pan. Then, I poured the custard over it and let it sit overnight. It bakes at 350 for 25-45 minutes, until it is slightly brown on top.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grandma Goodsell's Whole Wheat Bread

Sourdough, version 4, aka version Mel

Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs