Peach Cobbler

 This is just a good recipe. It's worth making every year, even though I forgot about it for 10 years, haha. I found a really good recipe from cookingclassy.com, and I made a few changes.

Ingredients

Peach filling


4 lbs fresh peaches (firm but ripe) peeled, cored and sliced thick

1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice

1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar I did 1/3 cup sugar

1 Tbsp (8g) cornstarch heaping

3/4 tsp ground cinnamon, divided I put the whole thing in the filling

1/8 tsp ground nutmeg I doubled this


Topping


1 1/2 cups (200g) cake flour or all purpose flour* (scoop and level to measure) I did all purpose

3/4 cup (150g) granulated sugar I did 1/4 cup sugar

2 tsp baking powder

1/4 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

10 Tbsp (143g) unsalted butter, cold and diced into small cubes I did 8 Tbs.

1 cup (235ml) buttermilk

1 tsp vanilla extract

2 tsp (8g) granulated sugar, for sprinkling over top

I also added a scant 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon to the biscuits.


Dump lemon over peaches and then whisk together dry filling ingredients and pour over peaches. Put in 9x13 pan. For the biscuits, I put the dry ingredients in the food processor, then cut the butter in, and then added the buttermilk but stirred it with a spoon until it came together. It's not as thick as biscuit dough, but thicker than pancake batter. You dollop this over the peaches, and then you bake at 375 for about 45 minutes. I also added 2 tsp. of sugar on top of the biscuits.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seriously Fudgy Homemade Brownies

Sourdough, version 4, aka version Mel

THE BEST PRESSURE COOKER MAC AND CHEESE