Chocolate Oatmeal Walnut Cookies


So I ordered the Tartine bakery cookbook and am so excited to try out all the recipes. I made these today and thought they were fabulous. They tasted almost caramely, and we loved them. I actually might like them more than our standard cowboy cookies(!). They get a 7.5 or 8, and I'll definitely make them again.

  • 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped into 1/4" to 1/2" pieces I used Nestle bittersweet chocolate chips
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter at room temperature I used 1 1/2 sticks of butter and 4 TBS canola oil
  • 1 3/4 cups sugar I used 1 1/4 C.
  • 4 teaspoons Blackstrap or other dark molasses
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 tablespoons milk
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
While this recipe did come from my cookbook, I found a link for it online with the directions: http://www.ouichefnetwork.com/2014/06/chocolate-oatmeal-walnut-cookies.html


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sourdough, version 4, aka version Mel

Seriously Fudgy Homemade Brownies

Grandma Goodsell's Whole Wheat Bread