Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies

DSC_1009
These were disappointing—I give them a 5. I like the idea of using applesauce, flaxseed, carrots and apples in a breakfast cookies. I think I might just take my oatmeal cookie recipe and modify it because these just didn’t have enough flavor. They were bland. I would not make these again.
Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies
Ingredients
· 2 ¼ cups old-fashioned oats
· 1 cup oat flour or whole-wheat flour* I used white
· ½ cup ground flaxseed
· 2 tsp. cinnamon
· ½ tsp. nutmeg
· ½ tsp. baking soda
· ½ tsp. salt
· 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
· ½ cup honey or pure maple syrup I used 1/3 cup, but it needs a full 1/2 cup. I also did part molasses and I might do 100% molasses if I ever made these again
· 1 large egg
· 2 tsp. vanilla extract
· ¼ cup (4 tbsp.) unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
· 1 cup grated carrot, chopped smaller if desired (2 medium carrots)**
· 1 cup finely chopped (or grated) apple (1 medium), no need to peel
 
Instructions can be found at link below:
recipe retrieved from http://kristineskitchenblog.com/carrot-cake-breakfast-cookies/#comment-24372



















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sourdough, version 4, aka version Mel

Seriously Fudgy Homemade Brownies

Grandma Goodsell's Whole Wheat Bread