The Goodsell girls decided years ago to find immense satisfaction in cooking. We are on a mission to find the best version of any recipe and share it with you. We cook for the sake of good memories, for the experience with people, and for the chance to get better at something we enjoy.
Sausage and Apple Stuffing
By
Stef
-
I didn't get a picture of this because I made it on Thanksgiving and wasn't thinking about it, but it looks like stuffing. I got this from my brother-in-law who got it from all recipes.com. I love this and would give it an 8.
These were great, but not spectacular. I would give them an 8.5. However, they are super easy and come together fast. 3 cups mixed berries (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries)—they need to be fresh 2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice 3 Tbs. Ultra Gel 1/4 cup sugar Puff pastry (I buy mine—it’s so much easier). You essentially roll out the two puff pastry sheets and then cut 8 squares. You squeeze the juice over the berries, and add the ultra gel and sugar. You mix until the sugar is not longer visible. Then you spoon a couple of Tbs. onto each puff pastry square, fold it over, crimp the edges, brush it with egg, and sprinkle with sugar. They bake at 375 for about 20 minutes. You need ice cream to serve with them.
This was good and gets a 6.8. The recipe came from Fine Cooking. Kosher salt 2 Tbs. olive oil 1 small white onion, cut into 1/2-inch dice 4 ripe Roma tomatoes, cored, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch dice 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch dice 1 large red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch dice 2 medium cloves garlic, finely chopped Freshly ground black pepper 2 cups heavy cream I used 1 1/2 C. half and half and 1/2 C. milk 1-3/4 oz. Parmigiano-Reggiano finely grated with a rasp (1-3/4 cup); more for serving 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil I used 3/4 tsp. dried basil 1 Tbs. finely grated lemon zest (from 1 large lemon) 1 lb. rotini, or other short corkscrew pasta Here's the link: http://www.finecooking.com/recipes/creamy-zucchini-tomato-red-pepper-rotini.aspx
Jared made this and it was awesome. The flavors were perfect and I wouldn't change anything. It gets an 8.5 and the recipe came from Fine Cooking.He grilled these instead of frying them. 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/2 lb. total) Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper 4 oz. fresh goat cheese 2 Tbs. coarsely chopped pitted Kalamata olives 2 tsp. finely grated lemon zest (from 1 large lemon) 1-1/2 tsp. minced fresh rosemary 2-1/4 oz. (1/2 cup) all-purpose flour 3 oz. (6 Tbs.) unsalted butter, cut into 6 pieces 1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil 3 Tbs. minced shallots 1-1/2 Tbs. balsamic vinegar 2 Tbs. lower-salt chicken broth Here's a link to the instructions: http://www.finecooking.com/recipes/goat-cheese-olive-chicken-breasts.aspx
Comments
Post a Comment