Chickpea Salad with Grilled Vegetables

 


I probably should have positioned the sourdough differently, but oh well. This had really lovely flavor and was light and healthy. I used zucchini instead of eggplant, so you could easily use different vegetables. I give it a 7.5. It came from lazycatkitchen.com.

ZHOUGH DRESSING

  • 20 g / 0.7 oz coriander / cilantro*
  • 10 g / 0.35 oz flat leaf parsley* I used 1 tbsp dried
  • 1 garlic clove I used 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/8 tsp ground cardamom
  • ¼ tsp ground cumin
  • ¼ tsp ground coriander
  • a pinch of chilli flakes (optional) I left this out
  • 60 ml / ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil*
  • 20 ml / 1½ tbsp lemon juice + zest of 1 small lemon I forgot to add the juice, but it tasted nice and lemony just with the zest. 
  • salt and pepper, to taste

SALAD

  • 1 large eggplant / aubergine I used zucchini
  • olive oil
  • 300 g / 2 scant cups cooked chickpeas* I used canned chickpeas
  • 25 cherry tomatoes, halved I used I added 1 regular tomato and didn't grill it
  • 1 spring onion / scallion, finely sliced I used 1/2 red onion
  • 50 g / 1.75 oz stale flatbread or 1 small stale pita* I used sourdough


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grandma Goodsell's Whole Wheat Bread

Sourdough, version 4, aka version Mel

Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs